This Scholarship is administered by the Australian Friends of the Hebrew University Jerusalem Limited together with Mr Leon Fink, in order to attract students and graduates of outstanding academic achievement from Australia to undertake a Middle Eastern Studies Summer Program at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
This Scholarship will be awarded to one selected applicant on the basis of excellence in their studies, promise of distinction in their chosen fields of specialization, as well as on qualities of mind, intellect and character.
The scholarship is subject to acceptance of the student by the Hebrew University and will be given towards only one* of the courses listed below:
1. Conflict Resolution from Theory to Practice: Israel as a Case Study. July 1 – 24, 2019.
For more details: https://overseas.huji.ac.il/academics/summer-and-short-term-programs/summer-courses/conflict/
2. The Emergence of the Modern State of Israel. July 1 – 24, 2019.
For more details: https://overseas.huji.ac.il/academics/summer-and-short-term-programs/summer-courses/emergence/
3. The History of the Arab-Israeli Conflict. July 1 – 24, 2019.
For more details: https://overseas.huji.ac.il/academics/summer-and-short-term-programs/summer-courses/history/
4. Between Hamas and ISIS: Radical Islamic Movements in a Changing Middle East. July 1 – 24, 2019.
For more details: https://overseas.huji.ac.il/academics/summer-and-short-term-programs/summer-courses/islamic-movements/
5. Narratives and Realities: Inside the Israeli Palestinian Conflict. July 1 – 24, 2019.
For more details: https://overseas.huji.ac.il/academics/summer-and-short-term-programs/summer-courses/coexistence-narratives/
*Students can register and study simultaneously more than one course from above.
Applicants should prepare and send the following documents before filling in this form to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. A current one-page Curriculum Vitae
2. Official academic records (scanned copy)
3. One or more academic references
All documents should be submitted to email@example.com by May 1st, 2019.
For any inquiry, please contact your local AUSTFHU office:
Jamie Wise (Federal Office)- firstname.lastname@example.org 02 9389 2825
Yael Eilon Jacobson (WA) – email@example.com
For more information about the courses please visit:
All Credits earned in these courses are acknowledged by the Department of Hebrew, Biblical and Jewish Studies of the University of Sydney. Students from other universities must consult the appropriate authority to check re accreditation.