Living Legacy Mission April 2020
April 11, 2019
2020 LEGACY MISSION organised by the Australian Friends of the Hebrew University
DATES:- Subject to numbers and flight availability, the Friends plan for the Mission to depart Australia on Monday 27 April 2020 and to leave Israel for the return journey on Wednesday 6 May 2020.
- Minimum age for participation is 60
- A minimum bequest per participant of no less than $50,000 to the Hebrew University (in the case of a couple a different arrangement may apply) is mandatory and proof that such a bequest has been included in the participant’s will need to be furnished to the Friends by the participant’s solicitor.
- A participant has to agree to participate in the whole program.
- The travel dates, flights and program may be changed – including the cancellation of the whole Mission – in the sole discretion of the Friends.
- A participant may extend their trip after the end of the Mission but any arrangements for the extension of travel or change of air ticket including any costs involved will be entirely the responsibility of the participant.
- A participant needs to furnish proof that they have purchased travel insurance at least three weeks prior to the Mission departing Australia.
- If a participant decides not to participate within three weeks of the Mission departing, or if anything untoward happens during the Mission necessitating the participant to have to withdraw from the Mission, the participant will have to reimburse the Friends for any expenses incurred by the Friends eg. air tickets, hotel accommodation etc.
- The Mission is limited to 20 persons and places shall be allocated to the first 20 people who satisfy the criteria for the Mission as stated above as well as but not limited to
- Furnishing of any additional information requested by the Friends including a request for a representative/s of the Friends to interview applicants.
- The Friends is satisfied with all details contained in the documentation provided by a participant and any additional information it may require from a participant.
- The Friends reserves the right to decline any booking.
- No booking shall be deemed accepted until confirmed in writing by the Friends.
- In the event that less than 10 people book on the Mission, then the Friends reserves the right to cancel the Mission and participants will be informed at least two months prior to the departure date.
- Participants must ensure that they have a valid, full passport with at least 6 months to run after 27 April 2020.
- Holders of passports other than Australian should contact the Israeli Embassy regarding any visa requirements that may apply.
- Please note that it is a participant’s responsibility to ensure that passport and visa requirements are met and are in order at least two months prior to the commencement of the Mission.