Business Leadership Forum
Friday, June 8th – Sunday, June 10th
The President’s International Business Leadership Forum, Hosted by Hebrew University President, Professor Asher Cohen
Business leaders from around the world and from Israel will join together for a unique program focused on innovation, investment and inspiration. Leaders will get an insider perspective of the Jerusalem world of high- tech and will network with local entrepreneurs and industry leaders.
We are looking forward to celebrating business leadership and we welcome a new cohort of attendees, for a program focus on:
- High-tech Innovation
- Israel’s Economic Transformation
- Jerusalem, Central to the Startup Nation
- Roundtable with the HUJI Innovation Panel comprising entrepreneurs, founders, and funders from companies like Yissum, Jerusalem Venture Partners, and more
- Presentations by HU thought leaders, including acclaimed Hebrew University ProfessorYuval Noah Harari, bestselling author of Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind and Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow
- A private tour of the Albert Einstein Archives
The Forum is an exclusive 3-day program beginning the Friday before Hebrew University’s annual Board of Governors, and participants are welcome to be the President’s guests for the BOG programs through June 13, 2018. This years’ Board of Governors (BOG) will honor the centennial anniversary of the laying of the cornerstones, with a theme celebrating 100 Years of Knowledge.
The Board of Governors is open to members and non-members alike and we encourage attendance by all who attend the Business Leadership Forum.
Who: Professionals who are leaders in the business world from around the world. You will get a unique glimpse into the Israeli high-tech world, with an emphasis on Jerusalem and the Hebrew University.
Panelists: The HUJI Innovation Panel brings together entrepreneurs, founders, and funders, as well as established businesses to talk about today’s best practices and tomorrow’s most exciting trends. Panelists represent the best of Israeli innovation and will discuss what makes Jerusalem and Israel a successful technological ecosystem.
- Marius Nacht, Cofounder of cybersecurity firm Check Point Software Technologies, Talpiot veteran
- Izhar Shay, Israeli high-tech entrepreneur and venture capital investor
- Yehudit (Dita) Bronicki, former CEO of Ormat
- Harel Beit-On, Israeli seasoned executive with over 30 years of management leadership in the IT industry and an extensive investment and exit record
- John Harthorne, Founder and CEO of MassChallenge, a no equity and not-for-profit accelerator
- Dr. Erel Margalit, Hebrew University alumnus, and the Founder and Chairman of Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP)
- Orna Berry, Vice President of Dell EMC, and General Manager of Israel Center of Excellence
- Yossi Vardi, Israeli entrepreneur, often referred to as the Israeli high-tech guru
- The panel will be moderated by Dr. Yaron Daniely, President & CEO of Yissum, Hebrew University’s technology transfer company
Faculty members include:
- Professor Uriel Levy, The Hebrew University Center for Nano Science and Nanotechnology
- Professor Uri Banin, The Hebrew University Center for Nano Science and Nanotechnology
- Professor Shlomo Magdassi, 3D & Functional Printing Center, The Hebrew University Center for Nano Science and Nanotechnology
- Professor Yaakov Nahmias, Alexander Grass Center for Bioengineering at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Professor Meital Reches, Institute of Chemistry at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Professor Idan Segev, Edmond and Lily Safra Center for Brain Sciences, Hebrew University
Showcasing companies with innovative technologies, including:
- Airscort, a company that has developed a docking station for commercial drones, which enables them to perform fully autonomous missions.
- HumanEyes, which offers a complete, end-to-end solution for the creation, display and printing of projects with 3D and animation effects (also known as lenticular printing), used by photographers, graphic artists and printers.
When you sign up for the Forum, you are invited to attend the 81st annual Hebrew University Board of Governors programming for no additional charge.
SPACES ARE LIMITED
CONTACT US FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
81st Annual Hebrew University Board of Governors
June 8-13, 2018
This year’s theme, 100 Years of Knowledge, marks the historic centennial anniversary of the laying of the university’s cornerstones on Mount Scopus in Jerusalem. ALL are invited to participate in this program (board membership is not required), which includes meeting faculty, students, and members of the HUJI international community who have a shared interest in higher education, scientific excellence and pioneering research.
- Friday, June 8
• Traditional Shabbat Dinner at the King David Hotel
- Saturday, June 9
• Various lectures focusing on innovation and walking tours at the King David Hotel
• AFHU Excursion: “Shifting Memories and the Road to Jerusalem” with special guest, Carmi Gillon
• Opening event: “An Evening of Cinema, Cocktails, and Celebration” at the Jerusalem Cinematheque.
The Hebrew University is proud to be home to the Spielberg archives and the Sam Spiegel Film & Television School and excited to kick off the BOG in the heart of the Jerusalem cultural scene
- Sunday, June 10
• HUJI Talks Presents: “100 Years of Knowledge and Vision” at the Dan Jerusalem hotel.
The TED-style talks will focus on celebrating the past 100 years and innovative ideas for the next 100 years. HU Speakers confirmed include Prof. Yuval Harari, Prof. Idan Segev, Prof. Yaakov Nahmias, and Yossi Vardi
• Presidents Lunch Reception at President Rivlin’s residence honoring Israeli excellence
• Gala dinner celebrating “100 Years of Knowledge” at the Tower of David Museum
- Monday, June 11
• Lectures by Nobel Prize laureates and Honorary Doctorate recipients
• Opening of labs to the general public on Safra campus
• Convocation on Mount Scopus campus
• AFHU Delegation Dinner at the King David Hotel
- Tuesday, June 12
• Ceremonies and Plenaries
• Rededication of the Cornerstone ceremony
• Gala Event: “An Evening of Dance Under the Stars” featuring the Batsheva Dance Company at the Mount Scopus Rothberg Amphitheater
- Wednesday, June 13 – Connecting with Graduates and Faculty
• Lautenberg dedication at Ein Karem campus
• Festive closing event honoring the 75th Anniversary of Smith Faculty featuring celebrity chefs and nutritious cuisine at the Robert H. Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food, and Environment
For any questions, please contact our Federal Office, firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9389 2825