Internal and External Scholarship Opportunities
On this page you can find information about eligibility requirements, selection criteria, application processes and contact details for all of the scholarships and fellowships available to Australian students. For scholarships straight from the Rothberg International School CLICK HERE:
The Golimdja William Cooper Memorial Scholarship
The Australian Friends of the Hebrew University is delighted that Ilana and Martin Moshal have generously agreed to fund The Golimdja William Cooper Memorial Scholarship (GWCMS) which will cover the cost of a suitably qualified Indigenous Australian (covers airfares, program costs, accommodation, a living stipend, medical insurance etc.) for post graduate study at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem (HUJI) in ONE of the programs mentioned below:
- The Glocal International Development Studies Program - An 18 month MSc program including a 4 month onsite internship at a community organisation abroad
- International MSc Programs in Agricultural Sciences - A 1 year MSc & thesis program with 2 streams available in 2024: Plant sciences & Environmental quality sciences
- The International Master of Public Health Program - A 1 year MSc program
- The International MSc Program in Biomedical Sciences in the Faculty of Dental Medicine - A 2-year MSc in biomedical sciences
For more information see the information sheet HERE -->
Rothberg Merit Scholarships – for graduate students
A limited number of scholarships are being offered to highly qualified candidates from universities in Australia and throughout the world who wish to study at the Rothberg International School
- Year and Autumn Semester: 15 March
RIS Merit Scholarships will be awarded for a sum equivalent to the cost of full tuition for the academic year.
To be considered for this competitive scholarship, candidates must have completed their undergraduate degree, have a minimum GPA of 3.8 or equivalent, and have an active application to an M.A. program of the Rothberg International School. Any candidate for an M.A. Program offered through the Rothberg International School may apply. Candidates for any other graduate program are not eligible to apply for the Graduate Merit Scholarships.
Scholarship decisions will be sent in May.
ZCAI Student Exchange Scholarships for Human Health Students
From Universities in Australia to study at Hebrew University in Jerusalem
The Zelman Cowen Academic Initiatives (ZCAI) is offering scholarships for Australian students in the Human Health disciplines (including medical students) to study at the Hebrew University as part of student exchange programs.
Who is eligible?
- Undergraduate students from any Australian university who are enrolled in disciplines related to human health and wish to study for a semester at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem.
- The student must gain approval from both the Australian university where they are enrolled and the Hebrew University for the proposed study program. It is expected that these approvals will be obtained in the context of a bilateral student-exchange agreement between the two universities.
- Applicants must be committed to the program of study and provide a post-visit report to the ZCAI.
There is no closing date, but the number of fellowships for the 2024 academic year is limited.
Each scholarship will:
- Provide financial support up to AUD$10,000
- May be used to pay travel and accommodation.
- Will be paid against receipts.
Enquiries: For an application proforma contact:
Yifat Oron (Administrative Officer, ZCAI)
Zelman Cowen Academic Initiatives was established in 2021, to continue and build on the philanthropic tradition established by the Sir Zelman Cowen Universities Fund (1978-2021). Working as an advisory group to the Education and Heritage Foundation, the directors of ZCAI will provide recommendations for the allocation of funds for research in academic disciplines, at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and in Australian universities and supporting student exchange programs.